The rust or metal effect continues to be on trending specially if we want to achieve industrial style decorations. This style, also knows as loft, has been used for more than 60 years, and it’s still as fresh and current as the first day.
- The rust effect is reminiscent of the passage of time on metals: steel, bronze, copper, iron, etc.
- The tonalities capable of providing this effect are brown, greenish, black, grey or reddish.
- It is versatile, eclectic and timeless, thanks to which it coexists without stridency with other styles.
- The industrial style is still present in both residential and commercial spaces.
To achieve a rust effect decoration, we have to consider the following facts:
- Metal objects or furniture as tables, chairs, lamps and all kind of accessories can be used.
- The use of paints is also one of the most frequent options: paintings containing metallic particles, trying to make a wall look like an antique metal, for example, of iron or bronze.
- Another way to reach this sensation in decoration is by installing Porcelain Tiles. Ceramic that can be applied in both wall and floor surfaces and that, thanks to technological innovation, faithfully interpret the chromatic varieties of metals. This rust effect tile accurately reproduces the appearance of a metal sheet that has aged over the time.
Current use of Rust Effect Tiles.
This rust effect or metallised ceramics are one of the most requested by architects and interior designers, precisely because of their timelessness and their ability to create exclusive and vanguard environments, even when mixed with other styles.
Ceramic with this finish gives a touch of sophistication, typical of industrial design, in every room in the home you decide to install it (bedrooms, living room, bathrooms, kitchen, etc) or in commercial establishments as hotels, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Ecoceramic offers industrial inspired collections as Metallique or Nox.
- At Dune Ceramica we find Stripes, Tranverse and Diurne Oxide series. The last one also offers porcelain basins with the same aesthetics.
- Azulev offers Stern and Expression collections, to achieve the rust effect.
- Baldocer has several series with an industrial feel such as Metallic, Oneway and Oxiline.